Re: Built-in connection pooling

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Built-in connection pooling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Apr 25, 2018, at 07:00, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> The limitations headaches that I suffer with pgbouncer project (which
> I love and use often) are mainly administrative and performance
> related, not lack of session based server features.

For me, the most common issue I run into with pgbouncer (after general administrative overhead of having another moving
part)is that it works at cross purposes with database-based sharding, as well as useful role and permissions scheme.
Sinceeach server connection is specific to a database/role pair, you are left with some unappealing options to handle
thatin a pooling environment.

The next most common problem are prepared statements breaking, which certainly qualifies as a session-level feature.
--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com