Re: Mac OS X Driver

От tthibodeau@openlinksw.com (Ted Thibodeau Jr)
Тема Re: Mac OS X Driver
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
tedpet5@yahoo.com (Theodore Petrosky) wrote in message news:<20031103164804.7937.qmail@web41001.mail.yahoo.com>...
> Timothy,
>
> Please, could you post what you did to get the ODBC
> driver working on OS X. I have been trying and it just
> doesn't work for me. I have been using the C libraries
> and they work great for my cocoa app. However I need
> to be able to pull stuff into excel (without first
> saving as a delimited file and importing....
>
> Desperately seeking ODBC on OSX.
>
> Ted

Hi, Ted --

ODBC is fully-fledged on Mac OS X -- Apple has included Darwin-layer
iODBC libraries (dylibs) since 10.2.0, and the iODBC SDK, including a
complete Frameworks implementation and Aqua-based Administrator, has
been available for download from http://www.iodbc.org/ or
http://www.openlinksw.com/ since Mac OS X 10.0.0.

I'm sorry you've been having difficulty getting things rolling for
yourself -- could you provide more details on what you've tried?  I
will ask that you email me, as well as posting to the newsgroup, so I
may respond as quickly as possible.  You may also wish to open an
online Support Case through OpenLink's main website, or to raise your
difficulties in the iODBC Web Forum.

Please do note that OpenLink Software has functional commercial
drivers available for use on Mac OS X, supporting PostgreSQL, MySQL,
Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, and many others.

I must warn you, however, that Microsoft has only certified Query,
which is a necessary component in getting ODBC data into Excel, for
use with their own SQL Server, through the OpenLink drivers.  OpenLink
has done some testing against other backend databases, and found that
there are indeed issues -- for instance, MS Query does not work
properly against OpenBase, through the OpenLink ODBC-JDBC Bridge.

I have no specific information regarding compatibility with
PostgreSQL, but you can test this yourself with the 30-day evaluation
license OpenLink automatically provides.  Any issues you encounter may
be raised in support cases with OpenLink, and we will assist you to
raise any bugs found to be in Query to Microsoft.

Be seeing you,

Ted