Re: CHECK problem really OK now...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CHECK problem really OK now...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Kovacs Baldvin <kb136@hszk.bme.hu> writes:
> I tried, and it works: the current CVS version really runs
> happily the query what sent to heaven our 7.1 version of the
> backend.

I believe this traces to a fix I made in May:

* src/: backend/executor/execJunk.c, backend/executor/execMain.c,include/executor/executor.h,
include/nodes/execnodes.h:When usinga junkfilter, the output tuple should NOT be stored back into thesame tuple slot
thatthe raw tuple came from, because that slot hasthe wrong tuple descriptor.  Store it into its own slot with
thecorrectdescriptor, instead.  This repairs problems with SPIfunctions seeing inappropriate tuple descriptors --- for
example,plpgsqlcode failing to cope with SELECT FOR UPDATE.

I didn't realize at the time that the error would also affect updates of
child tables, but tracing through your example with 7.1 shows clearly
that the CHECK is being applied to a slot that contains a four-column
tuple and only a three-column descriptor.  Ooops.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: