Re: Postgres 7 on Alpha

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres 7 on Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Roger Wernersson <roger.wernersson@mindark.com> writes:
> I have an old Alpha system which I use as a database server. I have
> successufully run Postgres 6.5 on it but needed to upgrade to Postgres 7
> to solve some problems. I downloaded the source of 7.0.2 as I could not
> find any RPM of Postgres 7 for Alpha.

> FATAL: s_lock(20306f80) at spin.c:116, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

According to my notes, this happens if you compile with -O2 on at least
some versions of Alpha egcs.  Try -O0 instead.  There are still some
glitches exposed by the regress tests, though, particularly in date/time
handling.  Now that we have an Alpha box available to the project, the
problems in this port should get cleaned up for 7.1.  (Given a favorable
tailwind or 25 hours in the day, that is ;-))