Re: How to put back??

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: How to put back??
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
dhanaraj.m@mail-apac.sun.com (Dhanaraj M - Sun Microsystems) writes:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have recented joined and working on postgres. I fixed a bug that I
> saw in the mailing list. I ran the regression test that is available
> in postgres. It was successful and now I need the following details..
>
> 1) Test suits that i could get to test my code..

There is an existing test suite in the source code in src/test/regress.

You might check in there to see where the tests relevant to the
feature you modified reside, and see if you can add relevant tests
that break, in the unpatched system, and work fine, after the change.

> 2) How can I put back my fix into postgres src code.. (or) What is the
> procedure that I should follow at this stage??

Once you have a patch, there's a patches list where you can submit it...
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spreadsheets.html