Обсуждение: How to put back??

How to put back??

От
Dhanaraj M - Sun Microsystems
Дата:
Hi all,
I have recented joined and working on postgres. I fixed a bug that I
saw in the mailing list. I ran the regression test that is available in
postgres. It was successful and now I need the following details..

1) Test suits that i could get to test my code..
2) How can I put back my fix into postgres src code.. (or) What is the
procedure that I should follow at this stage??

Waiting for your suggestions,
Thanks
Dhanaraj

Re: How to put back??

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 12:22:04PM +0530, Dhanaraj M - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have recented joined and working on postgres. I fixed a bug that I
> saw in the mailing list. I ran the regression test that is available in
> postgres. It was successful and now I need the following details..
>
> 1) Test suits that i could get to test my code..
> 2) How can I put back my fix into postgres src code.. (or) What is the
> procedure that I should follow at this stage??

Post the patch to pgsql-patches. The regression test is the test suite.

Have a nice day,

Re: How to put back??

От
"Adrian Maier"
Дата:
On 3/22/06, Dhanaraj M - Sun Microsystems <dhanaraj.m@mail-apac.sun.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have recented joined and working on postgres. I fixed a bug that I
> saw in the mailing list. I ran the regression test that is available in
> postgres. It was successful and now I need the following details..
>
> 1) Test suits that i could get to test my code..
> 2) How can I put back my fix into postgres src code.. (or) What is the
> procedure that I should follow at this stage??

You might find the following document useful:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html

Cheers,
Adrian Maier

Re: How to put back??

От
Darcy Buskermolen
Дата:
On Tuesday 21 March 2006 22:52, Dhanaraj M - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have recented joined and working on postgres. I fixed a bug that I
> saw in the mailing list. I ran the regression test that is available in
> postgres. It was successful and now I need the following details..
>
> 1) Test suits that i could get to test my code..
Regression tests are #1, you can create your own tests if it is "new behavior"
You can also try testing against pgbench, php-tpcw, the OSDL database tests
etc..

Create a context diff and sent it to the pgsql-patches@postgresql.org list.

> Waiting for your suggestions,
> Thanks
> Dhanaraj

Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.

http://www.wavefire.com
ph: 250.717.0200
fx: 250.763.1759

Re: How to put back??

От
Chris Browne
Дата:
dhanaraj.m@mail-apac.sun.com (Dhanaraj M - Sun Microsystems) writes:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have recented joined and working on postgres. I fixed a bug that I
> saw in the mailing list. I ran the regression test that is available
> in postgres. It was successful and now I need the following details..
>
> 1) Test suits that i could get to test my code..

There is an existing test suite in the source code in src/test/regress.

You might check in there to see where the tests relevant to the
feature you modified reside, and see if you can add relevant tests
that break, in the unpatched system, and work fine, after the change.

> 2) How can I put back my fix into postgres src code.. (or) What is the
> procedure that I should follow at this stage??

Once you have a patch, there's a patches list where you can submit it...
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spreadsheets.html