Re: pg_hba.conf

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
ashok@kalculate.com (Ashok Chauhan) writes:

>>>If I do any changes in pg_hba.conf file do I need restart pgsql.
>>>The changes I made does not taking effect.
>>>ganesh
>
> Yes, you need to restart pgsql.
> the changes you made it does not effect.

No, you do NOT need to restart the postmaster; that is just one of a
number of methods of making these sorts of changes take effect.

Methods include:

1.  Well, yes, restarting the postmaster.

2.  The command "pg_ctl reload"

3.  The command "kill -HUP [process ID of postmaster]"

2 and 3 do the same thing, despite appearing different...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>