Re: Error while installing Slony 1.1.0 for PostGreSql version 7.3.4

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Error while installing Slony 1.1.0 for PostGreSql version 7.3.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
dalvi_ajay@extenprise.net (Ajay Dalvi) writes:
> [root@paloalto slony1-1.1.0]# ./configure --with-pgconfigdir=/usr/bin
> checking for pg_config... /usr/bin/pg_config
> checking for correct version of PostgreSQL... 7.3
> checking for PQunescapeBytea in -lpq... no
> configure: error: Your version of libpq doesn't have PQunescapeBytea
>      this means that your version of PostgreSQL is lower than 7.3
>      and thus not supported by Slony-I.

Typically, this results from some library not being properly
recognized.  On AIX, for instance, there has been a tendancy for
pthreads to be needed, and for it to not be included, and that problem
first kicks in with the PQunescapeBytea test.

I usually pass a whole lot more than just --with-pgconfigdir to my
./configure runs; it's probably not finding libpq by the "unvirtue" of
not having a --with-pglibdir option.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html