Re: postgresql crushed with XLogWrite error

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: postgresql crushed with XLogWrite error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
andrew@libertyrms.info (Andrew Sullivan) writes:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 07:35:16PM +0200, Tsirkin Evgeny wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:23:08 -0500, Andrew Sullivan
>> <andrew@libertyrms.info> wrote:
>>
>> I want to keep my configs.Of course i can save my postgresql.conf
>> (and other files that i changed and don't currently remember)
>> to another location and then put it back in place of what rpm will
>> put ,but as i said ,i don't actually remember what i have changed :(
>
> The only things that should make a difference to you should be in the
> /etc directory, assuming the RPM follows the filesystem standard (I
> believe it does).  My suggestion is to back everything up, then
> replace the RPM in the standard way, and then compare the files one
> at a time to see what's different.  I'll bet the binaries and
> libraries, of course, and things under /etc/[postgres?]/, and that's
> it.  Most likely, it'll be postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf, and maybe
> pg_ident.conf.

It's easy enough to check what files the RPM intends to update...

bash-2.05a$ rpm -q -p -l netpbm-devel-9.24-3.i386.rpm
/usr/include/pam.h
/usr/include/pammap.h
/usr/include/pbm.h
/usr/include/pbmshhopt.h
/usr/include/pgm.h
/usr/include/pm.h
... other files omitted ...

That can diminish how much is in the "everything" that needs to be
backed up...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>