Re: How to VACUUM this table? "998994633 estimated total rows"

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: How to VACUUM this table? "998994633 estimated total rows"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
gbarosio@gmail.com (Guido Barosio) writes:
> quote: " If you are quite sure it has few if any dead tuples, it might be
> something to try to avoid VACUUMing except as needed to evade the 2^31
> transaction limit..."
> You may use the pg_stattuple software, included in the /contrib . This will show you the current scenery, and whether
youshall clean or not dead tuples.

The trouble with pg_stattuple() is that running it is virtually as
expensive as running the vacuum.  For a bit table, you pay all the I/O
cost, and any costs of the super-long-running-transaction and don't
even get any cleanup for that cost.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html