Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement
Дата
Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement  ("CN" <cnliou9@fastmail.fm>)
Список pgsql-general
bruce@momjian.us (Bruce Momjian) writes:
>> I am not sure if I am asking too much but does it make sense, and is it
>> possible, to enhance NOTIFY that process "name/value" pair? Like this:
>>
>> NOTIFY "MyName=MyValue";
>>
>> With the capability of name/value pair, the listener will not have to
>> check notification details by reading tables.
>
> TODO already has:
>
>     * Add optional textual message to NOTIFY
>
>       This would allow an informational message to be added to the notify
>       message, perhaps indicating the row modified or other custom
>       information.

I keep wondering if this isn't just going to grow into pgq...

  <http://docs.huihoo.com/api/skytools/pgq-module.html>

In effect, once you start defining more semantics for this, I think it
rapidly transforms into a message queueing system, and you might as
well go straight to something full-fledged like pgq...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lisp.html