Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement

От CN
Тема Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:20:41 -0500, "Chris Browne" <cbbrowne@acm.org>
said:
> > TODO already has:
> >
> >     * Add optional textual message to NOTIFY
> >
> >       This would allow an informational message to be added to the notify
> >       message, perhaps indicating the row modified or other custom
> >       information.
>
> I keep wondering if this isn't just going to grow into pgq...
>
>   <http://docs.huihoo.com/api/skytools/pgq-module.html>
>
> In effect, once you start defining more semantics for this, I think it
> rapidly transforms into a message queueing system, and you might as
> well go straight to something full-fledged like pgq...

While I believe pgq is feature rich, I prefer to see this TODO item be
implemented. When it happens, all I need will be some more libpq C
functions with which I will link my C client application as a single
executable file. The benefits from the embedded feature will make the
client lighter, easier to manage, and run faster.

Regards,

CN

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html