Re: database creation date

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: database creation date
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
chandru.dba@gmail.com ("Pradeep Chandru") writes:

                                                   Hi,

                                 I have two questions.

 1. Is there a way to find the database creation time?

Elderly timestamps on files in the database's directory would be an
approximation to that.

>       2. Is WAL implementation possible in postgres7.1.1? If so
>       simple steps for the same? This is required to migrate from
>       the older setup to the latest version in parallel without
>       disturbing the current setup.

There isn't a reasonable way, as far as I know, to 'replicate' from
PostgreSQL 7.1 to anything newer.

You would need to:

1. shut down all apps accessing the database,

2. do a pg_dump to extract current data,

3. load that into a newer version of PostgreSQL,

4. verify that all looks good, and

5. point the apps to the new database on the new version.

If the database is fairly large, the time between steps 1 and 5 could
be fairly substantial.

If you were on a newer version of PostgreSQL, say 7.3, you might be
able to use something like Slony-I to replicate data into a newer
version; that could make the outage time pretty short.

But PostgreSQL 7.1.1 is *very* old.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/slony.html

Сообщение: Re: replication between linxu postgresql and Windows postgresql
Сообщение: Re: replication between linxu postgresql and Windows postgresql