Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) writes:
>> I'd suggest we have multiple checkpoints during the cycle. Checkpoint is
>> a "patch queue blitz" where we stop developing and reduce the queue to
>> nothing. Perhaps a two-week period where everybody helps reduce the
>> queue, not just Tom and Bruce. Every outstanding patch gets told what
>> they need to do in order to get it committed. FF is then just the last
>> in a series of checkpoints. Suggest we do a checkpoint every 2 months.
>
> I like this idea ...

Don't we need to have a background writer process to gradually flush
this data so that checkpoints aren't so massive?  ;-)
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/oses.html

От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: Latin vs non-Latin words in text search parsing