Re: the best linux or bsd for postgresql

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: the best linux or bsd for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
jhon.carrillo.foros@gmail.com ("Ing. Jhon Carrillo // Caracas, Venezuela") writes:
> hi,
> What is the best linux or bsd for postgresql 8.x?
> i'm replacing a oracle system on suse enterprise 8 with clustering, dataguard, ......
> I need high and good performance for my system.
> Is there any certified unix plataform for to use postgresql?

If you are well familiar with some particular flavour of Linux, then
you will likely have an easier time making it perform well than
jumping to some other OS where files are in different places and the
knobs you have to tune are different from the ones you already know
about.

If you are well familiar with some particular flavour of BSD, then you
will likely have an easier time making it perform well than jumping to
some other OS where files are in different places and the knobs you
have to tune are different from the ones you already know about.

The learning curve is entirely likely to be expensive enough as to
outweigh any kinds of short term benefits you might find.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html

Сообщение: Re: the best linux or bsd for postgresql
Сообщение: Re: the best linux or bsd for postgresql