Re: autovacuum for large periodic deletes

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: autovacuum for large periodic deletes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
sdandapani@counterpane.com ("Sriram Dandapani") writes:
> Every night, a delete of about 50 million rows occurs on a table. Do
> we need to explicitly vacuum the table or will autovacuum handle the
> large deletes without affecting performance. I am trying to
> determine whether or not I should completely rely on autovacuum or
> also tinker with manual vacuums.:p>

I'd be inclined to submit a vacuum on the table as part of the
process.

Moreover, I'd be inclined to consider this situation to perhaps be
something of a bug.  Deleting enormous amounts of data from a table,
on a regular basis, is not something I would expect would work out
well.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/postgresql.html