Re: Foreign Visual Studio builds

От Hiroshi Saito
Тема Re: Foreign Visual Studio builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi.

Ahh, as for Japanese, it becomes the same.

C:\MinGW\home\HIROSHI>vcbuild /?
Microsoft(R) Visual C++ Project Builder - コマンド ライン バージョン 9.00.21022

http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/VisualStudio/vcbuild_help_SJIS.txt

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net>

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 19:37, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> We got an interesting documentation document left by Christian Freund
> recently, in regards to
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/install-windows-full.html ;
> it says:
>
> Regarding 16.1.3 - "perl mkvcbuild.pl"
>
> In case you use a German version of VC change line 69 in "Solution.pm" to:
>
> if ($line !~ /^Microsoft\s*\(R\) Visual C\+\+-Projekt-Generator -
> \D+(\d+)\.00\.\d+/)
>

> I'm going to approve the doc comment so that it might help someone else that
> runs into this in the short-term, but I thought it was was worth sharing as
> something that might be improved in the build code instead. That regex
> seems a bit too specific.

yeah. I wonder if we can't just get away with:   if ($line !~ /^Microsoft\s*\(R\) Visual C\+\+ [^-]+ -

That's still quite specific, but should work as long as they don't
localize the product name itself. I doubt they do that even in
Japanese/Chinese - Hiroshi (or someone else with a Japanese install),
can you confirm what the output from "vcbuild /?" is on a Japanese
machine?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/