Re: Index Anding

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Index Anding
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
ajs@crankycanuck.ca (Andrew Sullivan) writes:
>> Does postgres provide 64 bit support? If so is there a precompiled 64
>> bit version for AIX? I have the 32 bit GCC and can compile 32 bit. 64
>> bit GCC I have not gotten stabilized. (I cold use a tip in that
>> direction if anyone lese has experienced similar issues)
>
> I know we've managed to get it to work using gcc, but I haven't had
> to do it in a while (ask on -general or -admin, I suggest).  More
> important is to make sure you tell the compiler to use all the
> memory.  For reasons that are completely beyond my ken, AIX imposes
> a memory limitation on every program at compile time.  There are
> some hints about this in the FAQ_AIX.

Here's the environment data submitted to ./configure for a recent build of 8.1.5:
pgdba@ydb1 $ ./pg_config --configure '--prefix=/where/I/stow/it '--enable-thread-safety' '--enable-debug'
'--with-libraries=/opt/freeware/lib''--with-includes=/opt/freeware/include' 'CC=gcc -maix64'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-bmaxdata:0x80000000,-bbigtoc'

Note that you also need to export:
export OBJECT_MODE=64

And you need to make sure that you are using the AIX ld, and not GNU ld...

For version 7.4, it was considerably fiddlier to do a build.  For 8.2,
it is neither overly baroque nor overly unpleasant, which I consider a
direct result of the combination of Seneca Cunningham's reports to
-hackers/-ports as well as BuildFarm runs...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/finances.html

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: