Re: Differentiate Between Zero-Length String and NULLColumn Values

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Differentiate Between Zero-Length String and NULLColumn Values
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:18:03PM -0800, BillR wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> >It doesn't violate any spec and it's certainly allowed by PostgreSQL
> >without any flags.  It's just that the result is not what some people
> >expect.

> "= NULL" violates the SQL-92 Specification.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think you missed the
bit where Peter said "the result is not what some people expect".
Hint: 'somevalue = NULL' is not a violation of SQL in that you don't
get an ERROR.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.    --H.W. Fowler

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: