Re: JDBC on Postgres 8.3

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: JDBC on Postgres 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
craig@postnewspapers.com.au (Craig Ringer) writes:
> You need a JDBC driver for 8.3 specifically. They're not forward
> compatible, so a JDBC driver for 8.2 may not work correctly with
> 8.3. As you're happy with JDBC3 or JDBC4 you might as well grab the
> 8.3 JDBC4 driver:

Are you sure about that???

In looking at the high level notes about differences, there haven't
been substantive protocol changes since the move from PostgreSQL 7.4
to 8.0, so I'd be surprised to find this breaking.

It's a matter of considerable interest, since we're starting to plan
an upgrade to 8.3, and if we *MUST* roll out the 8.3 JDBC driver, we
need to start planning for that right away, well in advance of the
databases being upgraded.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lisp.html