Re: BUG #5166: readdir() failure on Mac OS-X is HFS "feature"

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5166: readdir() failure on Mac OS-X is HFS "feature"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Stephen Tyler" <stephen@stephen-tyler.com> writes:
>> Tom Lane replied:
>> This is a known bug in Snow Leopard --- readdir() calls fail after having
>> deleted a file in the directory. =A0We are hoping that Apple fixes it in
>> 10.6.2, because trying to kluge around it seems like a mess.
>
>> 2) It appears to be a "feature" of HFS on OS-X, rather than a "bug":
>> http://support.apple.com/kb/TA21420?viewlocale=3Den_US
>
> Please notice that that document refers to 10.0. =A0If it's not a Snow
> Leopard bug, why has the behavior changed from every prior OSX release?

I don't think there is much doubt that this is a bug, however much
Apple might like to rebrand it as a feature.  The interesting question
is whether they're likely to fix it, or just leave everyone in the
entire universe to patch around a stupid behavior that is present in
their, and only their, implementation.  If it's the latter, there's no
reason for us to be the last ones on board.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5168: cannot login to server
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5168: cannot login to server