Re: Suppressing occasional failures in copy2 regression test

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Suppressing occasional failures in copy2 regression test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Greg Stark <greg.stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> I'm not sure about that. It seems like race conditions with autovacuum
>> are a real potential bug that it would be nice to be testing for.
>
> It's not a bug; it's a limitation of our testing framework that it sees
> this as a failure.  Serious testing for autovac race conditions would
> indeed be interesting, but you're never going to get anything meaningful
> in that direction out of the current framework.

The elephant in the room here may be moving to some more
flexible/powerful testing framework, but the difficulty will almost
certainly be in agreeing what it should look like.  The actual writing
of said test framework will take some work too, but to some degree
that's a SMOP.

This tuple-ordering issue seems to be one that comes up over and over
again, but in the short term, making it a TEMP table seems like a
reasonable fix.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: machine-readable explain output
Сообщение: Re: machine-readable explain output