Re: machine-readable explain output

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: machine-readable explain output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 6/11/09 10:15 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> Here we go, XML and JSON output.
>>
>> You will need to apply explain_refactor-v4.patch and
>> explain_options-v2.patch first, then apply the two patches attached to
>> this message.
>
> Wow, cool.  Can this work with auto_explain?  That's where I see
> machine-readable being most useful.

The patch does touch contrib/auto_explain, but just enough to make it
keep working the same way it does now.  I don't think it would be too
hard to improve on that, though; I might work on it if I get bored,
but I'm hoping someone else will be motivated enough to do that part.
:-)

How would you go about extracting the XML/JSON bits from the rest of
what is in the log file?  (apologies if this is a question I should
already know the answer to)

...Robert