Re: machine-readable explain output

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: machine-readable explain output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> 3. We have existing precedent for this design pattern in, e.g.
>> table_to_xml
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-xml.html
>
> Tables are flat, explain output is not.
>
> If there is a relationship between the items then that needs to be expressed
> in the XML structure, either by use of child nodes or attributes. Relying on
> the sequence of nodes, if that's what you're doing, is not a good idea, and

I'm not doing that.  Period, full stop.  The discussion was only about
attributes vs. child nodes.

> Anyway, I think what this discussion points out is that we actually need a
> formal XML Schema for this output.

Well, I don't know how to write one, and am not terribly interested in
learning.  Perhaps someone else would be interested?

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: machine-readable explain output
Сообщение: Re: machine-readable explain output