Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

От Andrey Lepikhov
Тема Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/7/2023 15:38, Alena Rybakina wrote:
> I agreed with the changes. Thank you for your work.
>
> I updated patch and added you to the authors.
>
> I specified Ranier Vilela as a reviewer.
This patch looks much better than earlier. But it definitely needs some
covering with tests. As a first simple approximation, here you can see
the result of regression tests, where the transformation limit is set to
0. See in the attachment some test changes induced by these diffs.

Also, I see some impact of the transformation to other queries:
create_view.out:
(NOT x > z) ----> (x <= z)
inherit.out:
(((a)::text = 'ab'::text) OR ((a)::text = ANY ('{NULL,cd}'::text[])))
(((a)::text = ANY ('{NULL,cd}'::text[])) OR ((a)::text = 'ab'::text))

Transformations, mentioned above, are correct, of course. But it can be
a sign of possible unstable behavior.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov

Вложения

От: Sergei Kornilov
Сообщение: Re: doc: clarify the limitation for logical replication when REPILICA IDENTITY is FULL
От: Jeevan Chalke
Сообщение: Re: unrecognized node type while displaying a Path due to dangling pointer