Re: DB crashed and duplicated template0 db

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: DB crashed and duplicated template0 db
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Luki Rustianto" <lukirus@gmail.com> writes:
> One of my customer's server goes down, I don't know yet how, but when
> when they restart the machine I got this:
> 1. DB is working like usual
> 2. template0 and template1 database is *duplicated*
> 3. I can't do pg_dump, because error returned (see below)

This looks a bit like transaction ID wraparound causing old dead
versions of rows to reappear as live.  What's the vacuuming policy
been on this database?

See recent discussion of a similar symptom here
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2007-07/msg00037.php