questions about porting postgresql to older operating system

От Tim Kelly
Тема questions about porting postgresql to older operating system
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,
I am working with an old version of an open source operating system.  I
have long since forked from the main development and am not going back.
  I have built my own toolchain, which does not include GNU's make or
any other gnutils (except nano).  The OS is also not p-thread compliant
(or MP-aware).  All libraries are statically linked.  I am following the
adage "if you want something done a certain way, do it yourself," which
I heard all-too-often before I did.

I am attempting to port postgresql-9.6.20 to this environment.  I've
made it through various pitfalls in configure, but as I get closer to
actually compiling, I'm wondering about the pitfalls ahead.

I had to run --disable-thread-safety, since there is not pthread
support.  The configure process is failing at the time it needs to link

config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/dynloader/(removed).c to
src/backend/port/dynloader.c
config.status: error: ./src/backend/port/dynloader/(removed).c: file not
found

There is no dynamic linking or loading with this operating system.

There was no template for this operating system, so I added one.  I am
emailing the address given in configure with my questions.

1) Starting with gmake, what specific functionality is required that can
not be duplicated with manually crafting Makefiles?

2a) Can postgresql run without pthread support?
2b) If no, is there an older version that would run? (I need some
functionality introduced in 8.x.)

3) Can postgresql still work without dynamic loading support?

Thank you,
tim

--
"I ain't gonna play Sun City."
    -- (Little) Steven Van Vandt/Artists United Against Apartheid