Re: BUG #1819: COPY filename rejects Windows format path

От Steve Peterson
Тема Re: BUG #1819: COPY filename rejects Windows format path
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
At 09:47 AM 8/11/2005, Richard Huxton wrote:
>Steve Peterson wrote:
>>Running COPY FROM on a Windows server; using a Windows-format fully
>>qualified path with backslashes results in the backslashes being interpreted
>>as escapes.
>
>Did you escape the backslashes: C:\\Windows\\Path ?

Nope.  I used a standard Windows path, copied from the address field in
Windows explorer.

I see now on
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-CONSTANTS
(I know, RTFM) that it's documented that the SQL string literal is extended
to accept backslash as an escape, so this is a documented behavior.  Can I
convert this bug into a docs bug -- to mention the escaping process
wherever a filename is specified in a SQL string constant?