Re: [Mingw-users] How to build thread-safe postgresql 8.x on

От Matt England
Тема Re: [Mingw-users] How to build thread-safe postgresql 8.x on
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Hi Merrill et al,

At 3/6/2006 10:25 AM, Merrill Cornish wrote:
>Are you using C++?  If so, checkout the Boost threads library
>(www.boost.org).  Boost's goal is portability across compilers and
>OSes.  In the case of threads, it will use whatever threads library,
>including pthreads, are on the local system.

Thanks for the tip.  Yes, my project is C++ based, and we use Boost
extensively (and not just for threads).  We have begun to use Boost threads
as an implementation of our internal process-thread "wrapper" (we were
previously only using ACE <http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html>).

However, I don't see how our usage of Boost in my project's code is going
to get around the postgresql-8.1.3 build problems under mingw as per my
original email.  Maybe I'm missing something?

-Matt