Re: pg_restore (libpq? parser?) bug in 8

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: pg_restore (libpq? parser?) bug in 8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 12:42 PM 12/08/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>Hm.  But we could assume that a COPY will be all by itself in a TOC
>entry, couldn't we?

Maybe. I know I hit a couple of nasty examples in the original code. Isn't
the COPY combined with the data? If so, we still have to scan for it's end.
The existing scanner is pretty trivial. The dollar-quoting will not make it
much worse (I hope). But I'll hold off on the changes if you want to
experiment -- I used to use my own DBs + the regression DB for testing.

Another possible issue - if I pass two statements in one string to libpq,
separated by semicolons, will it cope? If so, has that been true since 7.0?
If the answers are ('no',_), or ('yes', 'no') then that explains why
pg_restore has to parse statements - the TOC entry can have more than one
statement.

Sorry to be vague, it's a long time since I wrote the code.

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp.mit.edu:11371       |/