Re: pg_restore (libpq? parser?) bug in 8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore (libpq? parser?) bug in 8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> At 12:42 PM 12/08/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hm.  But we could assume that a COPY will be all by itself in a TOC
>> entry, couldn't we?

> Maybe. I know I hit a couple of nasty examples in the original code. Isn't
> the COPY combined with the data? If so, we still have to scan for it's end.
> The existing scanner is pretty trivial.

Agreed.  But we only emit dollar quoting in CREATE FUNCTION entries, and
I don't really see why you need to parse those with any accuracy.  I
think we could do something here with making assumptions based on the
known TOC entry type about what might be in it.

> Another possible issue - if I pass two statements in one string to libpq,
> separated by semicolons, will it cope? If so, has that been true since 7.0?

Yes, and yes, except that if the first one gets an error the second will
not be executed.  Per the other thread, that's probably a behavior change
we don't want.

Сообщение: Re: dollar-quoting in psql and in general
Сообщение: Re: dollar-quoting in psql and in general