Re: [ADMIN] unable to find data folder postgres9.4

От Scott Whitney
Тема Re: [ADMIN] unable to find data folder postgres9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can absolutely move it. I have found the easiest way is via a symlink. You need to ensure everything is stopped, AND there are no open files.

When I do something that intrinsic, I like to do it in single user mode after rebooting the server.

You can also just point your startup files to the proper date directories. I have 5 production PG servers.

Let's talk about the internal one.

Internal cluster (port 5432)
Replication of my training server (6432)
Replication of my production customers (7432)

I use these for DR, backups and support. EVERYTHING is under /pgdata then /internal /prod and /training. This is done with the startup scripts.

If this is not enough information, let me know, and I can add actual example files.