Re: FATAL: database "dspace" does not exist"

От Christo Romberg
Тема Re: FATAL: database "dspace" does not exist"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

How do you know that the database exists?

I know it exists, because I created it when I installed PostgreSQL.
Speaking of databases: I can't even create a new database. If I run the command createdb databasename from the PostgreSQL cmd, the following error shows up:

createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  password authenticatio
n failed for user "christer"

If you load up psql, and then \c dspace, does it let you?  If you \l in psql, do you see dspace?

Regarding the psql: I fail to log in to psql. When running the command after typing the password,
the following error text appear:

FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "christo"

Another thing: Are you supposed to be "in" psql-mode (logged in) when running commands such as createdb?

Thanks for Your time!!!

Best Regards,
Christo