Re: How does an application recognize the death of the

От Reid Thompson
Тема Re: How does an application recognize the death of the
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Geoffrey wrote:
> How do folks handle the death of the postmaster in their applications?
> Assuming the postmaster dies after an application has connected to the
> database, but before it makes a request.  What should I look for?
> Currently our application that's in development does not handle the
> situation well.  What we want to do is gracefully (as possible)
> shutdown the application.

you should provide a bit more information regarding your application...
is it C code, PHP, RUBY, etc.  Each of these would have different
solutions.  As already mentioned, some already have handling code that
throws errors.  Others may require a bit more work on your part to
recognize and handle the situation.

От: "Christo Romberg"
Сообщение: Re: FATAL: database "dspace" does not exist"
От: "Guy Rouillier"
Сообщение: Re: Segfaults with 8.1.3 on amd64