How does an application recognize the death of the postmaster

От Geoffrey
Тема How does an application recognize the death of the postmaster
Дата
Re: How does an application recognize the death of the  (Guy Fraser <guy@incentre.net>)
Re: How does an application recognize the death of the  (Reid Thompson <reid.thompson@ateb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
How do folks handle the death of the postmaster in their applications?
Assuming the postmaster dies after an application has connected to the
database, but before it makes a request.  What should I look for?
Currently our application that's in development does not handle the
situation well.  What we want to do is gracefully (as possible) shutdown
the application.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin

Сообщение: Re: The planner chooses seqscan+sort when there is an
Сообщение: Re: The planner chooses seqscan+sort when there is an