Using the PostgreSQL ODBC driver for another database

От Thomas Mueller
Тема Using the PostgreSQL ODBC driver for another database
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

My plan is to write a PostgreSQL-server-compatible TCP listener for
another database (H2 Database Engine, http://www.h2database.com).
Instead of talking to the PostgreSQL database backend, the PostgreSQL
ODBC driver would talk to the H2 database. I have the PostgreSQL
network protocol documentation, and I am aware there will be some
PostgreSQL specific issues to solve (metadata queries, data types). I
don't expect it will be 'easy', but easier than writing my own ODBC
driver (I have already tried that :-).

Would this be OK for your? As far as I understand, the license allows
it. I just like to know what you guys think about it.

Thanks,
Thomas