Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Дата
Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 12:50 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> All that said, I wonder if we can have our cake and eat it too.  I
> haven't looked into this at all yet and perhaps it's foolish on its
> face, but, could we make CHECKPOINT; basically turn around and just
> run
> select pg_checkpoint(); with the regular privilege checking
> happening?
> Then we'd keep the existing syntax working, but if the user is
> allowed
> to run the command would depend on if they've been GRANT'd EXECUTE
> rights on the function or not.

Great idea! Patch attached.

This feels like a good pattern that we might want to use elsewhere, if
the need arises.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения

От: "Bossart, Nathan"
Сообщение: Re: archive modules
От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: should we enable log_checkpoints out of the box?