Re: [HACKERS] building HEAD on macos fails with #error no source ofrandom numbers configured

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] building HEAD on macos fails with #error no source ofrandom numbers configured
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/11/16 1:52 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 12/9/16 9:53 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what --no-recursion does, but I would say that we'd
>>> consider that unsupported as well.
>>
>> Interesting. Running config.status adds those --no-create --no-recursion
>> flags automatically. You can see them in the command-line at the top of
>> config.log, too. I never bothered to check what they do...
>
> AIUI they have to do with config dependency checking (where a simple
> make will detect if config needs to run again or not). I've been bitten
> by this in the past as well. Maybe there's a way to get config to spit
> out a warning for those options and have make filter the warning out.

When config.status is out of date against configure, then
Makefile.global runs config.status --recheck, which internally runs the
original configure line with --no-create and --no-recursion added.
--no-create means not to create any output files, because the makefile
rules will create those.  --no-recursion means not to run any configure
scripts in subdirectories (we don't use that functionality).

It's arguably a bit confusing that config.log then records the configure
line with --no-create and --no-recursion added.  But other than that,
everything works as intended.