Re: [ODBC] Problem calling a function from ODBC application

От Inoue, Hiroshi
Тема Re: [ODBC] Problem calling a function from ODBC application
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Alejandro,

On 2017/02/07 9:24, Vilches, Alejandro wrote:
> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion!  That actually worked!  It works two ways: "?::timestamp" or "cast(? as timestamp)".
>
> After running further tests, I'm seeing the issue occurs when the function has a parameter of type timestamp.
Furthermore,it throws off other parameters after that (e.g. the varchar parameters show up as unknown in the error
message). Anyway, I thought I would just mention that in case it helps anything.

> I wish there was a way to specify the timestamp type better when binding the parameter in ODBC (or that PostgreSQL
wouldn'tget confused between timestamp with or without time zone) so that I didn't need to cast it on top of that (as
thisseems a bit redundant).

I'd like to improve the behavior in the next release.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: "Vilches, Alejandro"
Сообщение: Re: [ODBC] Problem calling a function from ODBC application
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: [ODBC] [HY000] no error information; Error while preparingparameters