Re: Please help fixing a couple of zope-related issues

От Alexander Loechel
Тема Re: Please help fixing a couple of zope-related issues
Дата
Список psycopg
Hello,

> there is a pair of bugs to be fixed in the bug tracker concerning Zope:
>
> Issue #30 is pretty easy: there is a broken icon
> <http://psycopg.lighthouseapp.com/projects/62710/tickets/30>
>
> Issue #29 may require some discussion: a separate package for
> ZPsycopgDA would be considered useful
> <http://psycopg.lighthouseapp.com/projects/62710/tickets/29>.
>
> I know about nothing about Zope, so some help from somebody more into
> it is very well accepted.

As I'm a Zope/Plone user that uses very often ZPsycopgDA, I'm interessted
in getting this both Issues fixed. As Daniele already have posted a Patch
for the Issue #30 this mail focus on Issue #29

Today, for most Zope/Plone users zc.buildout is the common way to install
Zope/Plone. zc.buildout works perfect with eggs, so a ZPsycopgDA that
would be converted into a python egg would be great.

I could do this and have already done this and send it to Daniele, but as
I'm not familiar with git it was not the way Daniele wish it.

So maybe for someone of you, how is willing to help and much more familiar
with git could do this after a description:

A short introduction for those of you how are not familiar with Zope/Plone
development a short introduction to the CASE-Tools:
Working with Zope/Plone is a bit different to other Python work, because
Zope tries to isolate it's installation from the system python with
buildout.
Zope normaly uses zc.buildout for installation, configuration and
dependency mapping.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/

For developing new packages/eggs for zope some tools are used:
  1: PasteScript(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PasteScript) a tool to
generate package skeletons from templates
  2. ZopeSkel (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ZopeSkel) this is a PasteScript
Plugin that add's several seleton templates to paster
  3. Release Tools as: collective.releaser
(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.releaser) or jarn.mkrelease
(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/jarn.mkrelease) that release an egg in
several formats to pypi or other Package indexes

So and the recipe to build a zope egg with these tools that is a
conversion of ZPsycopgDA to a zope egg called Products.ZPsycopgDA:

1. Preperation: you need to install the CASE-Tools:
   "pip install ZopeSkel"
     or
   "easy_install ZopeSkel"
   (That will install you ZopeSkel and as a dependency PasteScript)
2. generate Skeleton:
   "paster create -t basic_zope Products.ZPsycopgDA"
   That is a command-line tool where you have to answer several questions:
   Answer first question with "all" and answer all following questions
either with the default or specialized things like mailing-list or so
on.
   It will create you the Package as a new Folder in the Folder you
currently are -> Products.ZPsycopgDA.
   additional templates could be displayed with:
   "paster create --list-templates"
3. modify created Package and Import ZPsycopgDA from psycopg2
   1. in the create Folder Package.ZPsycopgDA modify the setup.py and add
psycopg2 as dependency in the install_requires array
   2. in the Folder Package.ZPsycopgDA/Products/ZPsycopgDA/ remove all
files except configure.zcml and import all Files from the ZPsycopgDA
Folder from psycopg2
   3. modify the configure.zcml so that it the initialize method from
__init_.py is used instead of the method from the deleted zope2.py
4. check in repository, make a test build and release it

For importing it into the repository the Products.ZPsycopgDA.egg-info
Folder is not necessary it will be always regenerated from the setup.py

Best Regards
Alexander (Pumukel)

В списке psycopg по дате отправления: