Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-01-18 Th 09:25, Jeevan Chalke wrote:

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 1:03 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
On 17.01.24 10:03, Jeevan Chalke wrote:
> I added unary '+' and '-' support as well and thus thought of having
> separate rules altogether rather than folding those in.
>
>     Per SQL standard, the precision and scale arguments are unsigned
>     integers, so unary plus and minus signs are not supported.  So my patch
>     removes that support, but I didn't adjust the regression tests for that.
>

> However, PostgreSQL numeric casting does support a negative scale. Here
> is an example:
>
> # select '12345'::numeric(4,-2);
>   numeric
> ---------
>     12300
> (1 row)
>
> And thus thought of supporting those.
> Do we want this JSON item method to behave differently here?

Ok, it would make sense to support this in SQL/JSON as well.

OK. So with this, we don't need changes done in your 0001 patches.

> I will merge them all into one and will try to keep them in the order
> specified in sql_features.txt.
> However, for documentation, it makes more sense to keep them in logical
> order than the alphabetical one. What are your views on this?

The documentation can be in a different order.

Thanks, Andrew and Peter for the confirmation.

Attached merged single patch along these lines.

Thanks, I have pushed this.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: A compiling warning in jsonb_populate_record_valid
Сообщение: Re: A compiling warning in jsonb_populate_record_valid