Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2021-11-29 at 08:26 -0800, Mark Dilger wrote:
> > On Nov 28, 2021, at 9:56 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > In ExecUpdate(), we convert Update to DELETE+INSERT when the
> > partition constraint is failed whereas, on the subscriber-side, it
> > will simply fail in this case.

Thank you, yes, that's the more important case.

> This particular DELETE+INSERT problem sounds important but unrelated
> and out of scope.

+1

> > I agree that if we want to do all of this then that would require a
> > lot of changes. However, giving an error for RLS-enabled tables
> > might
> > also be too restrictive. The few alternatives could be that (a) we
> > allow subscription owners to be either have "bypassrls" attribute
> > or
> > they could be superusers. (b) don't allow initial table_sync for
> > rls
> > enabled tables. (c) evaluate/analyze what is required to allow Copy
> > From to start respecting RLS policies. (d) reject replicating any
> > changes to tables that have RLS enabled.

Maybe a combination?

Allow subscriptions with copy_data=true iff the subscription owner is
bypassrls or superuser. And then enforce RLS+WCO during
insert/update/delete.

I don't think it's a big change (correct me if I'm wrong), and it
allows good functionality now, and room to improve in the future if we
want to bring in more of ExecInsert into logical replication.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis