Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys

От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 4/7/23 4:18 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> TBH, I don't like the state of 0001 much. I'm working on polishing it now.

Thanks Andres!

> A lot of the new functions in slot.h don't seem right to me:
> - ObsoleteSlotIsInvalid() - isn't an obsolete slot by definition invalid?

bad naming, agree.

> - Why does ObsoleteSlotIsInvalid() sometime check invalidated_at and sometimes
>    not?

because part of the existing code was doing so (checking if s->data.restart_lsn is valid
with/without checking if data.invalidated_at is valid) and I thought it was better not
to change it.

> - TransactionIdIsValidPrecedesOrEquals() shouldn't be defined in slot.h -
>    also, it's not actually clear what semantics it's trying to have.

Oh right, my bad for the location.

> - there's no commonality in naming between the functions used to test if a
>    slot needs to be invalidated (SlotIsFreshEnough() vs
>    LogicalSlotIsNotConflicting()).

Agree, my bad.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Сообщение: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Сообщение: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys