Re: Backup of live database

От Brian Modra
Тема Re: Backup of live database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The documentation about WAL says that you can start a live backup, as long as you use WAL backup also.
I'm concerned about the integrity of the tar file. Can someone help me with that?

On 16/01/2008, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Brian Modra wrote:
> Hi,
> If tar reports that a file was modified while it was being archived,
> does that mean that the file was archived correctly, or is it corrupted
> in the archive?
> Does tar take a snapshot of the file so that even if it is modified, at
> least the archive is safe?

You can not use tar to backup postgresql if it is running.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/backup.html

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake