Re: How to move a database from HP server to Linux Server that had already one database.

От ENGEMANN, DAYSE
Тема Re: How to move a database from HP server to Linux Server that had already one database.
Дата
Re: How to move a database from HP server to Linux Server that had already one database.  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
How can I create it as the same that I have in the other server?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Grittner [mailto:Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov]
Sent: segunda-feira, 19 de julho de 2010 13:43
To: ENGEMANN, DAYSE; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] How to move a database from HP server to Linux Server that had already one database.

"ENGEMANN, DAYSE" <dayse.engemann@hp.com> wrote:

> pg_dump -h sourcemachine -U sourceuser source_dbname | psql
> target_dbname
>
> Is that?

Yes.  You need to enter passwords unless they are specified in .pgpass or you have some form of authorization which
doesn'trequire typing a password (for example, trust or ident).

> The data will be import in the existing db?

Yes, you should create the target database before issuing this -- you can add a parameter to the dump to cause it to
createthe database, but I always feel safer creating it myself and pointing to an existing database.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: How to move a database from HP server to Linux Server that had already one database.
Сообщение: Re: How to move a database from HP server to Linux Server that had already one database.