Re: Experiences with extensibility

От Guido Neitzer
Тема Re: Experiences with extensibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09.01.2008, at 00:14, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

>> Like, I have a situation where I need multi-master just for
>> availability. Two small servers are good enough for that. But
>> unfortunately with PostgreSQL the whole setup is a major pain in
>> the ...
>>

> Isn't that the reason they hire DB admins and not the run of the mill
> guy.

Isn't that more the situation where it is preferred to have a working
fail-over with as less money and work as possible?

There is just no way I (personally) can afford hiring someone to set
that up as I'm talking about something that hasn't brought a dollar
yet and will probably not for the next time ... and it is my own
project, but there is still some need for a reliable service to come
to a point where I can maybe hire someone.

cug

--
http://www.event-s.net

Сообщение: Re: Experiences with extensibility
Сообщение: Re: Experiences with extensibility