Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mar 21, 2020, at 12:18 PM, pabloa98 <pabloa98@gmail.com> wrote:

Why?  "Print" and "screen" forms have all sorts of practical restrictions
like this.

Legacy I guess. These are all digital stuff. But the final result is an identifier that people can read and realize what they are talking about.

I think  the “why” was directed at my comment.
I’m suspicious of the practicality.

To me the description of the ID smacks of database-in-the-name folly. I recognize that OP is likely unable to take another path. I’ll not push this any further.

Pablo

Сообщение: Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)
Сообщение: Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)