Unexpected data beyond EOF error

От Lee, Mija
Тема Unexpected data beyond EOF error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi -

I have a couple of instances of postgres 8.2.4 database running on
different zones of a solaris 10 machine. The data directory is running
on a netapp. Yesterday we had an as-yet unexplained crash of the entire
machine. After we brought it back up, one of the postgres instances is
getting the following error on multiple databases:

PDT ERROR:  unexpected data beyond EOF in block 2026 of relation
"plate121"
PDT HINT:  This has been seen to occur with buggy kernels; consider
updating your system.

The other two on different zones of the same machine are not. I've
looked at posts in the past that suggest that (as the message says) this
is a kernel bug, but it seems like if it is, all the instances would be
affected.

I've tried loading a copy of one of the database on the instance having
the problem, same error message. Any advice on what to do next?

Thanks for the help!
Mija