Re: Any insights on Qlik Sense using CURSOR ?

От Franck Routier (perso)
Тема Re: Any insights on Qlik Sense using CURSOR ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For the record,

Qlik uses the odbc driver with useDeclareFetch=1, hence the use of cursors.

By default, postgresql planner tries to optimize the execution plan for retrieving 10℅ of the records when using a cursor. This can be controlled with cursor_tuple_fraction parameter.

In my case, setting it to 1.0 (instead of the default 0.1) boosted the query from more than 1 hour (sometime going crazy to several hours) to 15 minutes.

In general, I think 1.0 is the correct value when using Qlik, as loaders will read all rows.

Franck