Re: Regular expression for lower case to upper case.

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Regular expression for lower case to upper case.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 10 Dec 2022, at 12:00, Eagna <eagna@protonmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi, and thanks for your input.
>

>> RegExp by itself cannot do this. You have to match all parts of the input into different capturing groups, then use
lower()combined with format() to build a new string. Putting the capturing groups into an array is the most useful
option.

> OK - I *_kind_* of see what you're saying.
>
> There's a small fiddle here (https://dbfiddle.uk/rhw1AdBY) if you'd care to give an outline of the solution that you
propose.

If you put all the regexes and their replacements into a table[1], you could use an aggregate over them to combine all
thereplacements into the final string. It would need some aggregate like regex_replace_agg, which would probably be a
customaggregate.

[1]: If you stick to ASCII, you could just calculate them and even omit storing them in a physical table.

Alban Hertroys